What are the best multifunction printers for home use? This is a common question among most work-at-home parents…
In this post, I will take you by the hand and help you get the best all in one printer for home use…
Table of Contents
What is a multifunction printer?
It has rained a lot since Hughes invented the first telegraph printing system, (1855), and almost by chance, he invented the first telegraph printer looking for a mechanism that transcribed musical notes while listening to the musical piece.
In 1959, Xerox manufactured the first photocopier and in 1973, Canon appeared the first color photocopier. 5 years later, the first printer was created, called “margarita” although only, it could write letters and numbers, yes, with enough quality to The time.
A multifunction printer, in addition to printing, is used to copy, scan, and in some cases, even with a fax option.
With these small machines, you can also print via WIFI from your mobile or tablet, without having to be physically connected to them.
|Brother MFC-J805DW INKvestmentTank||12 ppm / 6 ppm||Inkjet||Color||View|
|Xerox B205NI Monochrome Multifunction Printer||31 ppm||Laser||Monochrome||View|
|Canon imageCLASS D1620 Multifunction Printer||45 ppm||Laser||Monochrome||View|
|HP Laserjet Pro M426fdw Multifunction Printer||Laser||Monochrome||View|
|Ricoh M C250FWB Digital Multifunction Printer||25 ppm||Laser||Color||View|
Choosing the Best Multifunction Printers for Home Use
First, we have to know the use that we are going to give it.
Are we going to print daily?
Do we need to print in color?
These two points are fundamental to decide between “all in one laser printer for home use” or “all in one ink-jet or ink printing printers”.
If you are going to have a significant load of work, we always recommend a laser multifunction, although, for the price, ink printers tend to be cheaper. In the long run, “toners” are more profitable if you print more than 1500 pages per month.
If you want to perform 3D printing works, then go for a 3D printer…
Advantages of Ink printers:
- Better print quality, if you are going to print images, photos, etc … and you are looking for the highest quality, you definitely need an ink printer.
- Cheaper entry price, ink printers are cheaper than lasers.
- Printing on various media, you can print on different types of paper, gloss, textures, etc
- They do not need warm-up time.
- They are usually smaller, lighter, and easier to maintain than lasers.
Disadvantages of Ink printers
- The inks are water based, so they are more susceptible to liquid damage.
- Ink cartridges need frequent cleaning and there is a risk of drying out if they are not used at some time (one of the most typical queries in our printer technical service).
- They are somewhat slower than Laser printers.
- Since they are designed for medium-low work volumes, paper input trays are smaller and do not usually exceed 100 load sheets.
Advantages of Laser printers
- They are faster than ink, if you need to print many copies, you will notice the difference (although they need more warm-up time to start)
- Better results in the printing in Black, if what you are going to print are mainly texts, documents, invoices, etc… without a doubt, you need a Laser.
- In the long run, they are cheaper printers. Laser printers, although they are more expensive, the toners print more sheets and do not waste the content, so in the long run, they are cheaper if the workloads are large (Especially for companies and offices, data to be taken into account in account).
- Larger paper trays are printers accustomed to high volumes, more than 2000 pages per month, and it is not difficult to see drawers of 500 – 1000 pages
Disadvantages of Laser printers
- They need a warm-up time to start, around 30 seconds (depending on the model)
- Although the Laser Toner or cartridge is cheaper in the long term, the initial acquisition cost may be somewhat high.
- You cannot use different types of paper or textures, any material that is sensitive to heat, prints on a Laser printer.
- Laser printers can handle simple graphics or images, but they are not intended to print photographic or quality images (or Color Laser).
- Although there are compact Laser printers, most printers with larger, heavier and more bulky than ink-jet.
Another thing that you need to look at when buying a printer is connectivity, whether or not it has WIFI or if it has two-sided printing… Do you know that all these functions can be read in the models of printers? Have you ever wondered what the letters mean in the printer references?
As each user has different needs, we show you this comparison of multifunction printers – the ones we consider, the best multifunction printers for home use.
Best Multifunction Printers For Home Reviews
The following are some of the best all in one printers you can get for home use. They can print, scan, copy or even send fax…
Brother MFC-J805DW INKvestmentTank Color Inkjet All-in-One Printer
Using only the cartridges provided in the box we can print 150 pages per month, experience truly uninterrupted printing, exceptional savings, and super convenience with up to one year of ink.
Can print and scan wirelessly though your desktop, laptop, smartphone and tablet.
Using Air Print, Google Cloud Print, Brother, and Wi-Fi Direct for Desktop and mobile device wireless printing. Maximum Paper Width/Length (Paper Tray)-8.5 x 14 inches.Minimum Paper Width/Length (Paper Tray)-4 x 6 inches.
Super-high Yield – LC3033BK, LC3033C, LC3033M, LC3033Y; Ultra-high Yield – LC3035BK, LC3035C, LC3035M, LC3035Y for rich, vivid colors and sharp black.
Xerox B205NI Monochrome Multifunction Printer
With Native Air Print, Google Cloud Print, Mopria and Android support, print securely from your mobile device, laptop or desktop
Print directly from any flash drive or external hard drive using the front USB port.
Connection with your printer opt for any device through Wi-fi. So you can print wirelessly Without a router or complicated setup.
Ready to print fast with up to 31 Black and White ppm letter/30 Black and White ppm A4 although it is Lightweight and quiet
1 Year hardware. Free, at your service support – Call, e-mail, live chat.
Connectivity technology: Networkable; Ethernet; USB; Wireless