Air is Life. Pure air indicates a healthier life. We should not have much trouble getting that fresh air. We ought to breathe easily; without thinking about what we are breathing because even breathing is unintentional.
Have you ever imagined that wecant remain alive without air for 3 minutes; maybe we can without food orwater for that time. Im aware that the air is filled with pollutants thesedays, and you may be wondering how you should obtain pure breath.
Science takes care of it and its the reason why technology has developed the best affordable air purifier; God-sent devices that literally absorb contaminants in the air and only leave you with clean air to breathe.
The days when these devices wereused only in hospitals are gone. Currently, several firms have developedcountless forms of the machine that are cheaper and can be adapted to the needsof your office or home.
As a result, it has become difficult to make an appropriate choice in relation to cost, quality, and usability.
If youve ever conducted any typeof investigation on air purifiers, probably youve observed that most of themare expensive. In actual fact, youve obviously seen that many of thebest-selling air purifiers prices range from $150 to $400.
In this article, we shall firstlook at what to consider when selecting the best affordable air purifier.
Table of Contents
Air Purifiers under $200 Buying Guide
There is no shortage of costly air purifiers, though if youwant a prudent solution to purify the air at home, you should buy an effectivedesign whose price is $100 or less and can still work well.
Obviously, that doesnt imply just looking at the cost andpurchasing whatever is in that range of price. Before picking up an airpurifier, there are a few practical specifications to ensure you get topquality in your budget class.
Size of the room
The first stage when selecting an air purifier is tounderstand the extent of the space you want your purifier to clean. Smalldesktop purifiers are ineffective in big living rooms; more powerful airpurifiers in your childs bedroom may be overwhelming.
One method of finding the best suitable purifier is lookingat air changes every hour. This measure may be inclusive in thespecialization of the purifier.
This helps you apprehend how filtration operates, since asmaller air purifier in a 350 sq. feet space can turn the air 8 times everyhour. However, in a 700 sq. feet room it can handle 4 air changes every hour.
Types of pollutants
Some devices filter out certain pollutants better than others.For instance, if your major concern is smoke from cigarettes, you will requirea different appliance than one who lives together with pets.
These appliances are rated depending on how competently theyfilter different sizes of pollutants. Although many purifiers are alike acrossthe board, some are considerably more efficient in trapping dust and dandruffthan smoke (and vice versa).
Clean Air Delivery Rate
Many air purifiers have a CADR (Clean Air Delivery Rate), akey figure created by the Association of Household Appliances Manufacturers,which provides consumers with information about how efficient an appliance isin filtering a variety of particles in a particular room size.
For instance, a Clean Air Delivery Rate of 200 implies thatthe purifier can decrease the concentration of pollen which is equal to 200cubic feet of clean air every minute.
Usually, the greater the amount, the more particles thedevice can get rid of and the bigger the space in which the device is expectedto clean.
Type of filter
Mechanical filtering is used in the best affordable airpurifiers that we suggest. This means they physically capture the contaminantsthat happen to go through them. Your air purifier probably has 2 filters ormore: a pre-filter that traps big particles such as fur from pets and the majorfilter that collects pollutants that are smaller.
The pre-filters have no big difference. Some are washable (or vacuum cleanable), others can be disposed of. The second filter will cost a little more in the end, however, nothing much can be compared.
What is actually important is the major filter of yourdevice. Generally, find a purifier that makes use of the HEPA (Highly EfficientParticulate Filter), the normal recommended by the American Lung Association orthe EPA.
Several air purifiers publicize filtration procedures based on ionizers or UV light. The efficiency of these appliances hasnt been well documented. They can also create ozone, a lung irritant that can cause problems in breathing worse than it can improve.
Many air purifiers have interior fans that draw air througha variety of filters. Some fans are almost completely silent, particularly whenset the lowest. Others make a buzzing sound when turned up.
For instance, if you use the device in your bedroom or yourbabys room, you will require selecting an air purifier that is somewhat silenteven when at high speeds.
Noise levels are measured in decibels in your air purifiersspecializations. We have perceived air purifiers that are rated at a low of17dB which is like the rustling of leaves, while others achieve a noise levelof 60dB or even more (comparable to an AC device that is 100 feet away).
Cost of maintenance
The cost of your air purifier beforehand is important if youhave a limited budget. However, do not assume that you will have finishedpaying for the air purifier once you have it at home. You must replace thefilters regularly.
The cost differs from one device to the other: Several ofthem have very costly filters; others have inexpensive filters that have to bereplaced often. Although several pre-filters can be washed, the HEPA filterscan be disposed and have to be completely replaced.
Before purchasing the best affordable air purifier, computethe annual maintenance cost and compare the price to other air purificationdevices you may consider. Lets now look at some of the Cheapest Air Purifiers.
Best Air Purifiers under 200 Reviews 2022
Germ Guardian AC4825E True HEPA Filter Air Purifier
This air purifier is suitable for people who are allergic,smokers and those who have pets. It has a True HEPA filter that filters 99.97%of dust and allergens that have a size of only 0.3 microns.
In agreement with the American Academy of Pediatric Allergy and Immunology, doctors suggest HEPA air filtration minimizes indoor exposure to triggers of asthma. The UV-C air purifier is more than just a filter.
It slays germs and the actuated carbon filter traps odors. With a Clean Air Delivery Rate of 125+ and a height of 28 inches, its light and perfect for medium to big rooms. This air purifier has a UV-C control, an indicator that alerts when the filter needs to be replaced.
You can select from 3 speeds. This includes low speed, which is extremely quiet and offers the correct amount of cooling making it one of the best air purifiers under 200.
- Cleans a capacity of up to 167 square feet: It assists in keeping the air purified and fresh.
- Has a True HEPA filter: The HEPA filter traps 99.97% of particles comprising of pollen, mold, dandruff from pets and dirt. The micron-mesh pre-filter and the washable filter that removes odors helps get rid of irritants and smells that are airborne.
- Be sure of when to replace the filter: An indicator turns on when the need to replace the filter arises.
- Clock: The timer permits up to 8 hours of pre-set operation for automated use and to decrease the consumption of power.
- Its controls are electronic: Has 5 fan speeds for specialized operation.
- The display is digital: It gives easy and spontaneous controls.
- Cable length is 5.9: It provides access to a room outlet.
- ENERGY STAR approved: This environmentally friendly design minimizes power consumption.
- Has True HEPA filter and UV-C light which is ahigh performance for your money
- Best quality
- A guarantee for 3 years
- Very loud when set the highest
- Has no smart functions
Hamilton Beach TrueAir Air Purifier 04383A
This air purifier assists in minimizing dust mite refuse inthe air, pet dandruff, mold and mildew bacterium, smoke, pollen and dirt. Itmakes it easier for you and your family to breathe.
Thanks to various popular sizes of air purifiers, HamiltonBeach offers an air purifier that you can afford and is efficient for yourhousehold.
These air purifiers fit accurately in every household. The low setting is perfect for a silent night in the bedroom. The Quick Clean setting can rapidly purify any room. In several air purifiers, the velocity automatically modifies to the needs of your family and the quality of the air in your room.
- Has a high-performance HEPA filter that traps 99% of air particles and dandruff which are only 3 microns
- Traps particles from dirt, pollen, mold, and pet dandruff
- Silent and pact
- Long-lasting filter doesnt require changing and saves you $49 in 1 year compared to a comparable filter
- Has a clean easy to care filter
- Works efficiently for big rooms with 160 sq. feet
- Has 3 speeds: high for quickest cleaning, medium for use the whole day and low if you want it to be particularly quiet
- Pact, multi-functional design
- A fresh 3-stage air cleaning system
- Low cost
- Works poorly without a True HEPA filter
- Has no indicator to tell when it should becleaned
- Very loud when set the highest
Germ Guardian GG1000 Pluggable Air Purifier
Germs watch out! This pluggable UV-C Disinfectant and Odorremover supplies your household with fresh and purified air. UV-C lightminimizes the DNA of germs and prevents them from multiplying.
Its simple to operate and doesnt need to be assembled or set up. The smooth and pact model is perfect for small rooms. Simply plug it into an electrical outlet to slay bacteria and fight smells such as mildew, areas with pets and many more.
Its perfect for small rooms like lavatories and laundry rooms. It is one of the best air purifiers under 200 dollars.
- Provides purified air
- Assists in minimizing odors
- Fights pathogenic microorganisms
- Its pact
- Has a 1-year guarantee which is limited
- Very efficient
- Efficient power consumption
- Has UV-C technology
- Easy to plug and light
- Enhances the quality of air
- Doesnt have HEPA filter
- Several people claim that its loud
Germ Guardian AC4100 HEPA Filter Air Cleaner
This air purifier has a 3-in-1 purifying system with acombination filter. This is what makes it the best affordable air purifier youcan purchase.
Only one filter change is required, which keeps its pricedown and purifies the air efficiently
- Suitable for small spaces. Covers an area of 78 sq. feet
- True HEPA filter gets rid of 99.97% of particles which are 0.3 microns or more
- Has a carbon pre-filter for getting rid of pollen, dust, and smells
- A UV-C light which can be switched on to clean viruses in air
- Operates silently at the lowest speed of the fan
- ENERGY STAR approved
- 1-year limited guarantee
- Its pact
- UV-C light fumigates the air
- The filter can last 6 months or more, thereforesaving you money when changing the filter
- Conserves energy
- Efficient for smaller rooms only
- Doesnt get of smoke rapidly
- Quality of air is not supervised
There isnt anyone purifier thats perfect for everyone. When you are looking for the best air purifiers under 200, you should always look at the appliances rating of CADR and types of filters to know how efficient it is for your particular needs.
When you have picked an air purifier that has top filtration for usual pollutants in your household and thats the correct size for your room, consider secondary functions such as level of noise and movability. Also, ensure that power and constant costs of maintenance are in your budget.